Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Thornburgh 6 News 9-6-05

Thornburgh 6 News
September 6, 2005

Welcome: It is good to be back. I feel so fortunate to have such a wonderful group of kids and parents to work with this year. I am going to keep the news short this week due to the flood of other info you will be getting. If you have any questions, send me a note, e-mail or give me a call.

Forms: The student handbook is going home today packed with all kinds of homework for parents. J Please read, review and sign forms and return them as soon as possible.

Homework Policy: I am sending home an explanation of our new 6th grade homework policy. It is a little different this year as I am trying to help my students be as prepared as possible for the jump to middle school next year.

AVID/Path: We will be using a wonderful program called PATH which is the precursor to AVID this year. This will help students with organization, study skills, time management and self advocacy.

Communication: I will continue to send home daily logs by e-mail this year and post them to our class website as well. If your e-mail has changed or you have an e-mail that you would like me to add, please send me the new info.

Forms to be signed:
Transportation
Emergency Information Sheet
Internet Permission Form

Also going home:
Scholastic Book Order (Due Sept. 14) (We almost have enough bonus points for a new computer!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New e-mail information: Name: _____________________________________
E-mail: _____________________________________